West Valley City swan

At about 3:45 p.m. today as I was driving east on 4700 South a swan flew
across the sky in front of me. This is the first swan I have seen in
this part of Salt Lake valley. It appeared to be descending into the
Fore Lakes golf course which is located at about 1300 West. Since the
sky was rather darkish and since careful observation of birds while
traveling at 60 miles an hour is rather a challenge under any lighting
conditions, I feel I can safely state that the bird was either a
juvenile or adult member of the tundra, trumpeter, or mute swan species,
although whoopers and Bewicks cannot be ruled out.

Lu Giddings

p.s. - on further consideration, I should perhaps add that the bird may
also have been an albinistic California condor with a very, very long
neck. Or a snow goose on steroids.