Pinyon Jays

Today we saw some Pinyon Jays on the road between Vernon and the Eureka Junction. They kept calling me to "come a little closer, just a little bit further, come on, just a little bit more then we'll hold still" until I was halfway up an icy, snowy mountain and needed skis to get down.  Not having any with me, I had to use my "bottom" for skis.  Chilly!

Now I know what those Pinyon Jays are laughing about.

Faust area had hawks everywhere...also good Prairie Falcons.  I think I saw a Short-eared Owl flying just before Eureka. Crows had disturbed him.

Nicky Davis
nicky-davis@earthlink.net
www.wildutah.us