From: M. H. Wallace <pooder@xmission.com>
To: BirdTalk <birdtalk@utahbirds.org>
Sent: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:08:14 -0700
Subject: Bald Eagles at Farmington Bay ??

Say, looking at Tim's photos from this week, and seeing the Bald Eagle photos, makes me wonder, with the loss of several of the big old trees at the Farmington Bay location, are the Bald Eagles still congregating in that area? I have not been up there for a while. Since we are approaching the annual maximum population of the "Balds" I just wonder if anyone has seen them there in the past few days. I suspect they will "hang-out" in the Cottonwood trees just North of the old trees that fell over, but, just wondering what you all are seeing/thinking.

(For those in the know, I suspect my slightly coded question will make sense. For those who are drawing a blank, it is a sight to see when the Bald Eagles congregate during late January / early February in the Farmington Bay WMA along the shores of the Great Salt Lake. (Great mercury lake?))

I look forward to Tim's report, and photos, from Fish Springs.

Happy Birding,

Matthew Wallace.