2006 Challenge

To All Birders!

For a decade the Utah County Birders have sponsored a bi-annual event known
as a Birding Challenge. The 2006 Birding Challenge details will be unveiled
at our monthly meeting (see below for details). All birders, not just Utah
County members, are invited to participate in both--the meeting and the
Birding Challenge.

The Challenge is noncompetitive, though some refer to it as a Contest.  The
Challenge is self-scored, and you are not competing against anyone.  All you
have to do is meet the criteria.

In addition to the satisfaction of completing the Challenge, recognition
awards will be given. Last years' award was a license plate holder inscribed
with "I'd Rather Be Birding"  The 2006 award is yet to be determined, but it
will be something to remember your 2006 birding effort.

Please come to hear from the committee consisting of Leena Rogers, Tuula
Rose, and Milton Moody about the 2006 Birding Challenge on January 11
(Wednesday) starting at 6:30 PM at the Pizza Factory, 2230 N. University
Parkway in Provo.  The cost is $8.50 per person for the pasta bar and
additional for items ordered off the menu.

All birders and non-birding friends are invited--see you Wednesday,

Alton Thygerson
UCB President