Trumpeter Swan and Great Egret

Here's a somewhat fuzzy photo of the Swan in Salem that was reported to be a Juvenile Trumpeter Swan.

http://www.wildutah.us/h_swan_trumpeter.html

Compare to the Juvenile Mute Swan Photo taken at Mountain Springs/Flowserve last year at about the same time of year.

http://www.wildutah.us/h_swan.html

I played the Mute, Tundra and Trumpeter calls a couple of times.  The Common Goldeneyes in the pond were more impressed than the Swan. The Mute Swan I took the photo of last year was much more friendly.

I also saw the Great Egret who is still at Mountain Springs/Flowserve in Springville.  He was very agitated with all the traffic (it was apparently during the employees' lunch hour) and with school children on a field trip who were feeding the geese. He kept flying from one pond to another. Wow are they tall, thin and beautiful. Bad photo, need to try again. Hope he sticks around.

http://www.wildutah.us/h_egret_great.html

Nicky

nicky-davis@earthlink.net
www.wildutah.us