First bird of the year

I went out on to my deck with anticipation this morning, what would
the first bird of the year be... Could it be a flicker, yelping like a
Red-tail, or maybe a  quail clucking up the block... What about The
Scrub Jay's heckling the neighbors cats, that would be a good starter.
 A flock of Geese heading towards the park maybe... Oooh, there were
jsut so many possibilities, then I heard it the notes whistling from
the neighbors yard... a House Sparrow... Oh and for the kicker # 2
were a flock of Starlings that started causiung some racket abotu a
block away... I should have turned off my hearing and went to the
park!

Good Birding in 2006

Tim