Incredible Birding Tool!!

[Birders: the following text accompanies all Google Earth Placemark
emails---see my comments below]

You have been sent a Google Earth Placemark(tm).

If you have Google Earth installed, you can double-click on the attached
Placemark file and it will fly you to a location. If not, you will need
to install Google Earth first (available at http://earth.google.com).

Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling
users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in
photographic detail.  This is not like any map you have ever seen.  This
is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined
with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and
more.  You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or
jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country.

Get Google Earth.  Put the world in perspective.

earth.google.com
___________________________

To all:
Out-of-the-box thinking is harder to come by at my age. I've known about
Google Earth for some 3 months now, but all of a sudden it hit me like a
ton of bricks early this A.M. that Google Earth is an incredible tool
for us to pinpoint our sightings!

Literally, Google is handing us the world....in lovely
accurately-photographed, texture-mapped 3D glory. You can go anywhere
you want. You control your altitude, your angle of view, and the texture
maps are incredible! Take a tour of the Wasatch Mountains, just for
starters.

With each placemark, you'll see GPS coordinates. For the
Photoshop/CorelDraw savy types, you can do a screen capture of the
Google view, then overlay your own graphics, arrows and notations.

It's easy to download and install, and not too difficult to learn to
navigate. Each of 3 mouse buttons has a function. A quick click/drag
motion can get things moving faster, once you get the hang of it. Learn
how to create new placemarks, then once applied, right-click them to
enable that placemark to be emailed to others. I haven't yet learned how
to attach multiple placemarkers into the same message, but the attached
placemarker is where I saw the SS Hawk attack the Magpie.

Enjoy!! It's really cool stuff. Just for fun I'll send one more message
with a link to where I think Pomera did the Virginia Reel after seeing
her Rail.
John