From: owner-birdtalk@utahbirds.org [mailto:owner-birdtalk@utahbirds.org] On
Behalf Of Kristin Purdy
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:51 PM
To: birdtalk@utahbirds.org
Subject: Northern Pygmy-owl in Morgan

Didn't some Shakespearean birder say, "A pygmy-owl! A pygmy-owl!  My
kingdom for a pygmy-owl!"?

I just got a call from Arnold Smith, who's participating in today's
Morgan Christmas Count and is counting birds in his own backyard.  One
of the birds he just counted is a NORTHERN PYGMY-OWL.

The Northern Pygmy-owl is the only owl species on Arnold's backyard bird
list and this is the third time he's had one in his yard across many
years of observation.

It's unlikely this is the same bird as the one seen recently in East
Canyon.  As the pygmy-owl flies, the two locations are approximately 8
miles apart.

And as for paraphrasing King Richard III, I think I'm the one who said
that.