Pine Grosbeak, Green-tailed Towhee and Sora in Utah County

     I started my morning at Aspen Grove where I found a Utah County First for me. I saw 10 Pine Grosbeaks just above the amphitheatre at the trailhead to Timpanogas. I was above it though on the Stewart Falls trail, also there was Brown Creepers, Mountain Chickadees, Red-breasted Nuthatches and other species. I then went to Powell Slough, accessed from University Parkway in Orem near the walking track. I got to see Virginia Rails and there was also at least two soras there, one seen, one heard. I then went up Rock Canyon and was not able to find any of the owls seen on the bird count, but did there were plenty of Chukars and Canyon Wrens. I then came back to my condo here in Provo and I have a Green-tailed Towhee feeding underneath my feeders. Great day of birding anyhow.

KC Childs