LBBG, others

I met up with Tim Avery at the Bountiful Landfill this afternoon.  Because
the owner wanted us to stay out of the way, we watched the gulls from the
road that runs along the fenceline.  Notable gulls included an adult
'white-winged' gull (probably a Glaucous Gull even though it didn't seem
that large) that I only saw for a couple of seconds before it flew behind a
hill, and a 4th year LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL resting with the thousands of
gulls on the pond to the north.  Notably lacking were Thayer's Gulls.

I then headed to Saltair where ~200 gulls were resting on the beach just to
the north of the marina.  However, I only saw Ring-billed, California and
Herring Gulls (~50).  There were also several flocks of Green-winged Teal
feeding along the shoreline.  Also, way in the distance, there was one
lonely AMERICAN AVOCET and a LESSER YELLOWLEGS feeding along the shoreline
between the marina and Saltair.  There were about 10 Common Goldeneye and 4
Bufflehead (1 male and 3 females) diving several hundreds out from the
marina as well.

Lee Kay Ponds were almost completely frozen over with one Great Blue Heron
using the only patch of open water.

Colby