Re: A Bird in the Hand...

To me, that's the ultimate validation of and reason for birding. To have these little intelligences interact with us in some way is like passing Go and collecting $200.

John
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kristin Purdy" <kristinpurdy@comcast.net>
To: <birdtalk@utahbirds.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:19 AM
Subject: A Bird in the Hand...

...is worth eight on the dish. Isn't that how the maxim goes?

This morning when I watered my birds, a Pine Siskin fluttered out of the
tree and landed on my hand while I held the watering can high.  I wasn't
expecting a reception quite like that and I flinched, flushing the bird.

When I returned inside and looked out the window, eight siskins had fluttered out of the tree to land on the rim of the water saucer.

I guess I don't need any other validation of how much these birds have
come to rely on the water source.