Hawk Attack

We have always had Sharp Shinned activity in our yard in the winter but for some reason this year seems more active than ever. I got home from work Friday at 3:30 p.m. just in time to watch a sharpie dive into my shrubs and come out with a house sparrow I watched for about 30 minutes while he plucked then ate the small bird changing position several times from the ground to my Lilacs to the top of our swing set. My very noisy backyard was dead silent the whole time. Yesterday I watched the Sharpy go for the neighbors cat that was stalking my feeders. I was rooting for the sharpie who dive bombed the cat twice but the cat was too big and he settled for sparrows again instead.

To have the whole food chain in my yard is a thrill if I could just get rid of the introduced cats.

Happy Birding
Steve