Wasatch County Birds

     This afternoon I took a drive up to Wasatch County and the Heber Valley area.
   My first stop at the Heber Valley Waste Water Treatment Plant  located along the Provo River along the road between Heber and Midway (  Main Street in Midway ) produced a good assortment of waterfowl. Most  notably on the furthest south pond was a juvenile Tundra Swan,  be careful because there is also four Mute Swans that are in there. The  Tundra Swan mostly kept to himself away from the other swans. Also  there was a Horned Lark, which was the first one I have seen in Wasatch  County. So not sure how common they are in Wasatch County. Waterfowl  included Bufflehead, Common Goldeneye, Ring-necked Duck, Lesser Scaup  and several others, also there were a few Eared Grebes and plenty of  Killdeers.
       I went to the Heber City Cemetery, and the only bird I saw there was a Brown Creeper.
       My favorite bird of the day was a sighting of six Lewis' Woodpeckers.  They were seen 2.9 miles up valley and canyon from the small grocery  store and grill  in the town of Wallsburg. There were a lot of  them, and how they are such a beautiful woodpecker.
       Altogether I saw about 30 species in Wasatch  County, not bad for an afternoon in the high mountain smog less valley.

  KC Childs