Bountiful Landfill Rules

Hi Folks -

You might remember that the birding community came very close to losing
privileges at the Bountiful Landfill a few years back.  Tim's post from
earlier today prompted me to review the following information:
Access:  The management of the Bountiful Landfill has agreed to allow
birders to have access to the landfill under the following conditions:

     Rules for Access to the Bountiful Landfill:  ~ Negotiated by Glenn
Barlow - January 2004

        1.. We need to come within hours of operation and check in at
the office at the entrance.
        2.. Do NOT go up on top where they are using the heavy equipment
and where we might interfere with their operation.
        3.. Do NOT block any of the roads so that the heavy vehicles and
equipment are impeded in their entering and leaving the landfill.
        4.. Follow any instructions that might be given (even if it
means not seeing that rare gull).
        5.. Stay on designated roads. But, when there is a thaw and the
roads are muddy, stay out of areas where you can get stuck. If you get
stuck it is up to you to get yourself out. They do NOT want to take time
away from their working employees.
        6.. We must leave the landfill by 4:00 p.m. (1600 hours for us
military folks), so we won't be locked in. (This was especially one of
the conditions emphasized!)

Pomera