Wednesday GSLA Field Trip Update

This Wednesday the Great Salt Lake Audubon Society will be taking its
Hotspots field trip.

We will be going to Farmington Bay to sift through ducks on the chance
of finding something rare mixed in with the 100's of thousands of birds
on the rest pond.  Hopefully, catch a glimpse of a Bald Eagle and see
what other treats await.  We will then head north to Kaysville Ponds to
look for Hooded Merganser, before going to Antelope Island on the off
chance of seeing a Scoter or a Long-tailed Duck.  Depending on the time
we may head up to Willard Bay to scan for Loons and other water birds
from the south dike.  We will also spend some time searching for local
winter specialties such as Harris's Sparrow and American Tree Sparrow.

We will be meeting in the southeast corner of the Shopko parking lot at
1300 east and Interstate 80 at 7:30 am.  If you live at points north of
Salt Lake, feel free to meet us at the Farmington Bay WMA Learning
Center between 8:00 and 8:15 am.  We will carpool if needed, I can take
myself plus 3 other individuals in my vehicle.  If interested in coming
along please call me by Tuesday night at 801-440-3035.

GOOD BIRDING

Tim

http://www.timaverybirding.com
http://www.birdingwyoming.org