Jaeger Conclusion (sort of)

So its been about a month and a half since the Jaeger was handed to the
University of Utah and today I received an email letting me know that
the bird hasn't been studied in depth because the bio lab was extremely
busy.  The bird was put into a freezer to be examined and added to the
collections later.  However, I left a brief description of the bird and
thoughts that it was most likely a PARASITIC JAEGER with the bird, and
based off a quick overview of the bird they agreed.  For those of you
not on the ID-Frontiers listserve, the bird in question stirred up quite
a discussion putting many of the conventional ID tips in question.
Experts disagreed over the ID, and it wasn't till I was able to
photograph the bird in hand that certain marks were definite and helped
with a conclusion.

In any event, I just thought I would make a quick note to everyone about
what I had heard on the ID of the bird.

GOOD BIRDING!

Tim
http://www.timaverybirding.com