San Juan county birding trip

During the few years I've been birding I've never made a trip of any
substance to San Juan county. I'm not sure this makes any sense, since
San Juan county is more than twice the combined size of Weber, Davis,
Salt Lake, and Utah counties. It has all of the geographical variation
of these four counties to some extent, and in some cases more. Some of
these geographical zones are shared with adjacent states, meaning there
may be a somewhat higher likelihood of spotting certain unusual birds in
San Juan county than in other areas in the state, e.g.,  species such as
eastern meadowlark and scaled quail.

I based myself in Monticello and searched generally to the south and
east of town. During this brief trip I manged to visit each of the
following locations:
- Devil's Canyon campground
- Monticello
- Hickman Flats, northeat of Monticello
- Montezuma canyon
- Hatch's trading post
- Bluff
- Blanding
- Eastland and Lockerby
- Ucolo, Piute Springs, and Summit Point
- Lisbon Valley
- La Sal

Based on bird numbers and species, it seemed that fall migration is
probably winding down, even though in the lower elevations the
vegetation remains generally lush and green. 62 species were observed:

Eared Grebe
Turkey Vulture
Canada Goose
Gadwall