Bonapate's Gull and Common Tern

This afternoon I birded Lee Kay ponds where there were at least 3 COMMON
TERN circling over the first pond to the east.  shorebirds were
practically non existent, seeing just 1 Greater Yellowlegs. Another good
bird was an early adult HERRING GULL in the main pond with the 1,000's
of California Gulls.

At Salt Air, there was a BONAPARTE's GULL between juvenile and 1st
winter plumage on the pond right before you get to the marina.

http://www.timaverybirding.com/photos/octo05/bogu_01.jpg

However, it was not there when I came back from scanning the lake, which
was a fruitless and windy hour.  There was a debris line about a 2 miles
out on the water and I could just make out gulls along the line.  The
only ones I could make for sure were juvenile California.

There were 27 SNOWY EGRET in the pond across the road from the Salt Air
building, as well as around 25 Greater Yellowlegs.

Good Birding

Tim
http://www.timaverybirding.com
http://www.birdingwyoming.org