Hummer Time warp

Grief, I just noticed my Windoze date was set two months in advance!
Teenagers? Nope, that's no excuse....we're empty nesters since Aug 18.
Yahoo! Baby's off to Dixie State College. Guess I could blame my wife?
Or not blame at all and enjoy the fact that I've now two more months
than previously thought.

No, I didn't see a hummingbird in November. Last sighting to date was
Sept. 16.

But more interesting, I wonder if I saw a Merlin the other day, here in
West Jordan. It was Kestrel sized, but more powerful with larger head.
But then, I've learned never to trust my nano-second glimpses. He did
fly across my backyard field of view, then cut hard and accelerated fast
to duck between houses as if after something. A silhouette when backlit
against a white sky, as always, I'm left to wonder. Better to enjoy that
I did see something, rather than beat myself up over lack of an ID;
otherwise, what's the point of birding?
John