Re: LITTLE GULL

I received the following from "well-known Utah birder":
---

| How was a Ross's Gull ruled out?

I'm not sure this isn't a joke but I'll answer it anyway.  I
can only assume that you looked at the photos?

-Ross's Gull has a much shorter bill than this bird.

-Ross's Gull has longer, more sharply pointed wings than
this bird.

-NO plumage of Ross's Gull has a black head.

-Ross's Gull has a wedge shaped tail with the central
rectrices longest and the outer rectrices shortest.

-The under side of the wing on Ross's Gull is paler gray
than the blackish under side of the wing on this bird.  In
fact NO gull has a uniformly dark under wing with white
trailing edge, like this bird, except Little Gull.

Cliff