BIRDERS AS A POLITICAL FORCE

I received the following note from my friend and photographic colleague
Arthur Morris (www.birdsasart.com) this morning.  Please check it out.

Jim McIntyre

  BIRDERS AS A POLITICAL FORCE

  For years I have lamented the fact that while hunters have tremendous
political clout in the US, birders have been pretty much left out in the
cold.  You might argue in fact that they have locked themselves out of
the warm house of their own free will and volition.  A new group,
Birders United, is working to rectify that situation.

  How can 15 Million American Birders Can Become a Powerful Political
Force...
  There are more than 15 million voting age citizens in the United
States who are avid birders. Most of these millions of birders do not
realize that as a united voting bloc they can have a tremendous impact
on many elections in our country.  In Britain, politicians think twice
before taking positions contrary to policy objectives of the Royal
Society for the Protection of Birds. So too, in this country, birders
can become a

  powerful political force for the protection of birds and their
habitats.  You can learn more at www.BirdersUnited.com and sign up for
their e-mail newsletter.