Fw: PLEASE READ: The Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve needs YOUR help!

----- Original Message -----
From: Elaine York
To: Yaeko Bryner ; Ann Kelsey ; Ann Neville ; Becky Richard ; Clinton
Lewis ; Heather Barnes ; James McIntyre ; Jamie Gibbs ; Jennifer
Lewinsohn ; Judydonnell ; Kate Ferguson ; Justin Dolling ; Nancy Clark ;
Stephen Trimble ; Tim McInnis ; Tony Frates
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:19 PM
Subject: PLEASE READ: The Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve needs YOUR
help!

Please pass this message on to anyone who might be interested in being a
naturalist guide at the Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve!

> Hello:
>
> As you know, we've embarked on a very exciting adventure with the
> completion of the Visitor Center at the Great Salt Lake Shorelands
> Preserve.  The education program, Wings and Water, which will give 4th
> grade students in Davis and Salt Lake School Districts the opportunity
> experience the GSL hands-on, is on it's way to being "up and running".
 It
> marks the start of a concerted effort to educate surrounding
communities
> about the global importance of this "stinky" habitat.  The success of
this
> program and the effect of its message depends on our ability to
recruit
> dedicated, enthusiastic VOLUNTEER NATURALIST GUIDES who will represent
the
> Conservancy to teachers, students and the general public.
>
> This is where we need your help.  Can you please forward this
volunteer
> opportunity announcement to your friends, colleagues and family?
Don't
> leave anyone out...You never know who might have some extra time and a
> desire to make a difference.  The announcement is below:
>

> volunteers needed:
> Naturalist Guides, Layton
> Startling Fact:  Most Utahns still think of the Great Salt Lake as a
"dead
> sea." Few realize the Lake is a globally important habitat that
supports
> millions of birds each year.
>
> We Must Act Now:  Without a change in public attitude, Utahns may lose
> their most unique natural treasure, putting bird populations
throughout
> the hemisphere at risk.
>
> Your Help is Needed:  You can make a difference. Do you love the
outdoors?
> Do you enjoy being with people of all ages?  You can help create the
> conservation ethic of Utah's next generations.
>
> The Conservancy is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers
> educate school groups and lead tours during the fall and spring
seasons at
> our award-winning Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve Visitor Center.
If