pipits

Went up to Mirror Lake last weekend to see if I could find some high
elevation birds.  Thanks to Kristin's good directions, the Three-toed
woodpeckers were easy to find.  They're nesting near the top of a tall
dead tree just below the trail.  Also, three Gray Jays appeared in the
same general area.  No luck with the pine grosbeaks, however.

I also decided to try for Rosy-finches and Pipits up on Bald Mountain
while I was in the neighborhood.  Lots of Pipits, but no Rosy-finches.
Most of the snow is melted up on the shoulder where I've seen them before,
so I presume they've moved on.  Does anyone have suggestions as to where
to find them at this point?  Alta??  The Timpanogos glacier??

Thanks to all of you who've posted information.

Dave Hanscom