Fw: Re: red bird at zion...possible Scarlet Tanager, Vermilion Flycatcher

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: mike <mike1049y@yahoo.com>
Sent: Jul 8, 2005 12:00 PM
To: Nicky Davis <nicky-davis@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: red bird at zion

it was by the visitor center. the reason i was
confused is because i
live in southern CA and these birds are hard to see,
yet i saw 2 red
birds in succession and the 1st looked like a
vermillion flycather (it
was more compact and smaller, head seemed squarer) and
the 2nd looked a
bit bigger but nearly the same color. and both had
wings that were darker.

i did not get a picture. the 1st (flycatcher) i saw
with binoculars, the
2nd came (a few minutes later) and perched about 15'
away and flew.

Nicky Davis wrote:

>Could you tell me where in Zion you saw these two
birds? We can see if someone living there could go
check it out.

items.