Questions About the Scott's Oriole...

Scott's Orioles are frequently spotted on the west slope of the Beaver Dam Mountains and in the Sagebrush Plain, as I call it, of the Arizona Strip.

I have records back in May of 1982 of 2 birds in the Mt. Trumbull area in Mohave, Co., Arizona. I have also seen them in the Parashant National Monument in the Grand Wash area.

My earliest records for Lytle Ranch begin in April of 2002. I have recorded Scott's Orioles at Lytle every year since.

In May of the same year (2002), a trip sponsored by the Red Cliffs Audubon noted one bird in Grafton, Utah (Washington Co.).

Lytle Ranch Preserve:
4/16/02 = 1 individual seen in Stream Riparian Woodland
6/22/02 = 53 individual birds in the orchard.
6/26/02 = 13 birds, same location
8/19/03 = 5 birds, same location
6/1104 = 12 birds, same location

Hope this is of some help.