  From: Kristin Purdy<mailto:kristinpurdy@comcast.net>
  To: birdtalk@utahbirds.org<mailto:birdtalk@utahbirds.org>
  Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:12 PM
  Subject: [BirdTalk] Questions About the Scott's Oriole in Utah

  Has anyone seen a Scott's Oriole lately?  I searched back through the
  Birdnet and Birdtalk archives and can't find any record of a Scott's
  Oriole being reported since 2000.  And yet, the Utah checklist
  classifies this bird as an uncommon summer resident in the state.
Lots
  of birds are classified as uncommon residents in our state and they
are
  reported on a regular basis.  Why not the Scott's Oriole?

  My literature indicates this species is fairly uncommon wherever it
  occurs.  However, it seems to me that Utah has enough quasi-desert or
  dry habitats that we should hear/see more about this bird.
So...please
  chip in and tell me why we don't see them more frequently.

  Thanks!

org>
  To send a message, e-mail:
birdtalk@utahbirds.org<mailto:birdtalk@utahbirds.org>