Memorial Weekend Birds

I tried to send this yesterday but for some reason it never showed up.

First for my yard, along with the usual Gold Finches, Lesser Gold
Finches and House Finches we had our first Bullocks Orioles and Broad
tailed Hummingbirds of the year and first ever in my yard MacGillivary's
Warblers 2 of them that hung around in my wild roses all day.

Yesterday (Monday) morning my son, his girlfriend and I went over to
Farmington Bay for a bird walk. Birds sighted:
American White Pelican
Cormorants
Killdeer every where
Red Wing Blackbirds
Yellow Headed blackbirds
Western King birds
Eastern King birds
Brown headed Cowbirds
Canada Goose
Mallards
Cinnamon Teal everywhere
Green Winged Teal
Pintail
Redhead
Ruddy Duck beautiful male displaying
Western/Clark's Grebes
Coots
Blue Herons
Black Crowned Night Herons
Avocets
White Faced Ibis
Kestrels
Many Song Sparrows
The most exciting bird sighted was a Green Heron, it flew over once and
I thought that's what I saw and about 2 minutes later it flew over again
pretty low and confirmed it. This bird was sighted near the wooded area
where the foot bridge crosses Farmington Creek. This is west and a
little north of the office. The only access is to walk.

Heard but not seen
Sora
Ring-necked Pheasant
Sandhill Cranes

Very nice morning and we missed the rain.

Happy birding
Steve
Woods Cross Davis County