Cowbirds

I've seen a few *Cowbirds* (like about 2) in our yard here in East Millcreek (S. L. County) this weekend. First ones I've seen here this Spring.

Saw two itty-bitty *Quail* chicks on Friday. They looked about one or two days old. I was a bit taken by only seeing two, though. Usually at that small size there are at least 6 or 8 or 10. But, only 2 this time. Still plenty of adults taking dust baths in the vegetable garden and eating from the feeder. Usually see a covey of about 10 or 12 adults together.

Seen several broken and empty *Robin* egg shells in the past week. I know we have at least two Robin nests in our yard.

Matthew Wallace.