Lazuli Buntings, Grosbeaks, & colorful birds

I've been "into" birding for just over a year now and this year is the
first time I've ever seen Lazuli Buntings. They come to my feeders
(Pleasant Grove) every couple of days. There's been as many as five or
six (hard to tell as they move around a lot in the trees). We're also
getting Grosbeaks. In the last few days we've had an upsurge in
hummingbird activity, too.
I'm wondering if this extreme wet weather has changed the patterns of
bird territories. I am thinking that there are simply MORE birds around
because there's more vegetation, insects, etc. due to the rain. Any
thoughts, comments, insights from experienced birders?
Linda