Four yard birds captured with my new lens

My first birding lens for my first Digital SLR arrived today. I immediately set aside an hour to hang around the yard and try to get used to it.

The link given below will take you to seven of the photos I took today. For now that's all you'll find there because I just set this account up.

I have a background in photography but left it several years ago. Now I'm learning this unbelievably advanced thing called digital photography. The camera body that I bought is worthy of a year long college course and I'm not joking. On top of that, today was my first day with the wonderful Sigma 100-300mm f4 HSM. It's a handful and handheld is the only way I've shot with it so far. Lastly, I just picked up Photoshop Elements 3.0 which I'm pretending to use. : ) Bear with me please. My photos will improve a lot as soon as I figure half of this stuff out! : )

So on to the images which include a male California Quail, Western Scrub Jay, two Cedar Waxwings and a 100% crop of a Robin. All photographs were taken in my yard today.

http://www.pbase.com/canyonlands/aroundtheyard

Thanks to those of you who responded to my introduction. Since Hill AFB isn't being closed I'll be around for a long time whether you want me to be or not. : )

Cheers,

Ron
South Ogden