From: "Richard Wood" <rwoodphd@msn.com>
To: <birdtalk@utahbirds.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: Empid question

Hi all,

I saw my Empid again.  On closer examination, he had a longer bill than
most, was rather brownish on top, an dhis eyering wasn't all that
distinct.  I'm now leaning towards an Alder or a Willow Flycatcher, with
a Willow being the more likely of the two (based upon field maps).

Good birding, Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: Richard Wood To: birdtalk@utahbirds.org Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 3:11 PM Subject: Empid question

Hi all,

  Our back yard here in Hyrum is, for all intents and purposes, a swamp.
 That being siad, after I saw the two Lazuli Buntings from the porch, I
decided to go out back and check the area out.  While I was out there, I
saw, perched on a piece of brush above the water, an Empid.  However, I
can't decide which one it was.  He had a fiarly long tail for his size
(he was rather small),  had a distinct eyering and nice wingbars.  I was
leaning toward either a Cordilleran or a Dusky.

  The question is which one of these (or other Empids) would like swampy
areas?

  Good birding,
  Richard