Cassin's Finch, etc.

Hi All,
I haven't gotten out birding yet as I had hoped but there was a nice pair of CASSIN'S FINCHES in my yard in Provo. My sister-in-law reported seeing some strange black birds with golden heads making an odd noise out on the dike south of Utah Lake SP. We're fortunate that at least some birds are aptly named but it's sometimes tough to break it to people that the bird is simply a YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD.
Also, last week from the bus, I saw a GOLDEN EAGLE just in Utah County at Point of the Mountain. There are usually some ravens hanging around this area as well and I almost just assumed that this big dark bird was one of them but, it reminded me more of a heron, as it was flapping and once I got closer, I could see the brown and golden patterns on its back.

Good Birding,
Matt Williams