Cedar Waxwings

Hello All,

I'm an extreme novice here but I thought I'd share my latest 'discovery'.   This afternoon I saw several Cedar Waxwings.  There were probably 6 to 8 in a juniper tree right out in front of my apartment in South Salt Lake.  I immediately noticed the bright yellow band on the edge of the tail and black mask around the eyes.  Upon closer inspection noticed the bright red tips on the wings.  Its always great fun to notice a bird that I haven't seen before and then to figure out what it is with the help of by birding book.

Michael Martin