Fwd: Western Screech Owl

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:23:21 -0600 (MDT)

It was submitted by Nate Nye

Subject: Western Screech Owl

Email_Address: nsn6@email.byu.edu

Message: I just got a good look at a Western Screech Owl in a cottonwood
just outside my apartment balcony--I live on 500 W. adjacent (to the north)
of North Park in Provo. An agitated robin caught my attention and gave away
his position. He flew off toward the small wooded fields west of the huge
Provo City smoke stacks, and I lost him. I saw the posting that someone else
had heard a screech owl near the Provo Cemetery, which is just 5 blocks
south of here, so I thought this might be related. My other recent
sightings include numerous Lesser Goldfinches (some gathering nesting
material) and a pair of Belted Kingfishers flying overhead on the south end
of BYU campus, and an Osprey fishing the Provo River right by D.I. on 500 W.
Also, my dad saw 4 Common Mergansers and other ducks at some ponds around
2700 S. and I-215, which I thought was great. Anyways, see ya!
-Nate Nye

Yahoo! Mail Mobile