Antelope Curlews

Mr and Mrs Elegant--the Long-billed Curlews--have arrived at Antelope Island State Park in Davis County.  I saw four pairs this morning and they were a welcome sight.  Two pairs were on the south side of the causeway between miles 2 and 0 and the other two pairs were on the shoreline on the way to Garr Ranch.

Now is the time to study the differences between the males and females if you see them paired as I did today.  The females are obviously larger and those bills, those bills!  The gals' bills are preposterously, improbably, comedically long.  Were I a female curlew with a bill like that, you can bet I'd show it off.

Kris