Fwd: FW: Winter Wren Remains

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:23:07 -0700 (MST)

It was submitted by Josh Kreitzer.

Subject: Winter Wren Remains

Email_Address: joshkreitzer@yahoo.com

Message: My wife, Cary, and I observed a dainty Winter Wren at Canyon Glen
Park in Provo Canyon, likely in the same area KC Childs observed it not too
long ago. We parked, crossed the river and the restrooms, turned left onto
the paved path and a ways down, on the right, in a thicket behind a pool of
water we found it. At the point, before we'd heard or seen the wren, I
pointed to the thicket and said, (noting that the habitat was perfect) I
would like to see a Winter Wren right here. I pished and out it came. It was
darling. Also at Canyon Glen, we found: Steller's Jay, Northern Flicker,
Downy Woodpecker, Song Sparrow (singing beautifully!), Black-capped
Chickadee, a beautiful Golden Eagle, which took off from the nearby
hillside, Dipper (so much fun to watch), Mallard, Starling, and American
Robin.

Do you Yahoo!?