Santa Clara Preserve

Just thought I'd forward on this information from Keith and Marilyn Davis
Southern Utah:
March 18, 2005:  Santa Clara Preserve:  Marilyn Davis and friends Matt,
Jason, & Nick from Ogden:  This morning my young friends and I went past
Ivins and through the gateway of three rocks stacked on each other (future
Santa Clara Preserve) on the south side of Old 91 road.  This takes you
right to the flood-washed Santa Clara. How things have changed!!  The river
washed away the metal gate and most of the soil leading to private holdings.
However, the BLM parking lot was still there.  We parked and hiked up the
trail from there to see the pictographs.  The first 200 yards was filled
with Spring-struck birds singing their hearts out.  Rock Wrens were
everywhere.  Black-throated Sparrows were loudest of all.  We looked for
the Albino Roadrunner but never saw it. A graceful Turkey Vulture flew
overhead.  Looking down on the river, it was as though someone had just
finished their Spring cleaning and left a lot of driftwood in stacks along
the way.  A Coyote came in view and then hid in the rocks.  What a
wonderful place to be this time of year.  Tiny flowers covered the ground
in lots of places. Flowers of blue, purple, yellow, white, and yes, one red
Indian Paintbrush. It was a spectacular trip.