Bohemian Waxwings Hyrum State Park 3/8/2005

Hi all,

I just went out for a short walk and I got diverted. I wound up in Hyrum State Park and I saw a group of Cedar Waxwings sitting in a tree near the lake. I was hoping that one of them was a Bohemian, but it wasn't to be. I made my way up the road toward the picnic area on the lake, and on the way, I saw a Yellow-rumped Warbler, several Juncos, a feww Chickadees and a solitary Downy Woodpecker. I also saw an American Goldfinch and a couple of Robins. On the way back, I saw my group of three Waxwings, and I was able to check them all out. This time, I DID see a single BOHEMIAN WAXWING. Out of 5 waxwings, there was one BOHEMIAN. This was the best bird I've found by myself in a long time. I was so excited I went back home and got Jill, because a good bird isn't good if you can't share it with someone. This was our first BOHEMIAN since we were in upstate New York in 2002.

Good birding,
Richard