Long-eared Owl?

Hi all,

Last night, Kirsten and I went to Best Buy and then to the Wendy's in Logan.  On the way home, we took 1000 West.  By the time we got to the intersection with 600 South, it was almost dark, so I deciced to turn right there and head for Mendon to look for the Long-eared Owls.

I drove west on 600 South, I eventually reached the wildlife management area (I forget the name of it, sorry).  There is a large mess of trees near a driveway, and these trees are VERY close to the road.  I turned in the driveway, and started to head back east, when I saw a bird sitting in the trees. So I stopped and rolled my window down.  Not having a flashlight or binoculars, Kirsten and I watched as the bird flew erratically away toward the water.  I know it was an owl, and all I can do, unfortunately, is assume with less than 100 per cent certainty that it was a Long-eared.

After this, we headed off and went home, only to see a Barn Owl and a Short-eared Owl on 1500 West in Nibley.  I then went home and got Jill so she could se the Bard and Short-eareds.

Good birding,
Richard