FW: RFI: Black Rosy Finch

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 06:50:19 -0700 (MST)

It was submitted by Julie Cocke [please respond to billsoff@comcast.net]

Subject: Black Rosy Finch

Email_Address: billsoff@comcast.net

Message: I have recently received the Southwest Utah Birding Trails
pamphlet and have throughly enjoyed pouring over all the wonderful info in
it. My husband and I will be in Utah (southern and central)in the middle
part of May this year, as part of our southwestern RV birding and
sightseeing trip. I notice in the above mentioned publication the Black
Rosy Finches might be found near the Elk Meadows area in summer, and in
Capitol Reef during the winter. My question is, "What time-frame does
mid-May fall into regarding the finches?" I'll not be able to hike 3-6
miles up a mountain, so what might be my best bet? I kinda have a feeling
that it's hardly possible to get to the Elk Meadows sight that early in the
summer, but I could be wrong. Any suggestions on where I might see the
finches would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Julie Cocke
Jacksonville, FL