Glaucous-winged Gull?

Hello all,

Yesterday at the far south end of the dike at Farmington Bay, I saw what
may have been a first winter Glaucous-winged Gull.  Unfortunately, I did
not have a scope with me, so I couldn't be certain.  It was large and
basically all the same color.  I don't think it was a Glaucous because
it was definitely darker than the ones I've seen before.  It could
possibly have been a Thayer's, but it looked too large and its head
seemed too flat, and as I said before, it looked all the same color.  I
tried to get closer and at a better light angle due to no scope, but I
spooked it.  Of course, the other gulls that were next to it stayed put.

At Kaysville ponds I saw an adult male Cinnamon Teal.  It's not what I
expected at this time of year.  There were also a few Hooded Mergansers
as well.

Mike Johnson