Bohemians - Rosy-Finches

Hi,

Bob Huntington and I started the day by finding the Bohemian Waxwings in Bountiful that were reported by the Summerfelds. (10:00 AM)

We then went to Alta at the upper bridge on the bypass road and found Pine Siskins, Mountain Chickadees, Red-breasted Nuthatches, Clark's Nutcrackers, Steller's Jays, Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches, and one Black Rosy-Finch (a lifer for me). (11:30 AM)

The rest of the day was mostly a Sunday drive. We did not see much out of the ordinary except for a couple of almost pure white birds with a flock of House Sparrows. They were near the Pepsi plant south of East Bay in Provo. We thought the first one we saw was an albino, but got a better look and later saw two. Bob said they had a black crown. We figured when we saw the second one that they were escapees.

Jack Binch