From: Marilyn&Keith <kadavis@redrock.net>
Date: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:06:30 AM US/Mountain
To: Red Cliffs Audubon Birds <redcliffs@utahbirds.org>
Subject: [redcliffs] Flood

Keith and I took a look-around at flood damage....

Southgate Pond is empty....and the golf course is changing it's landscaping

Part of Tonaquint gazebo's footing is exposed

Virgin River from I-15 bridge south.....  has cut new ground.  Deep channels and lots of new sand.  It is easier to see across with less tamerisk.

As you have seen on the news..... the banks of the Santa Clara River (we used to call it a creek in the old days... until the reservoir was made up stream and there was a constant release of water) have been pushed back and new channels made.  The habitat has changed.  Mathis Park is no more.  You need to come see for yourself.

However....... I heard it from a bird friend that we are still going to have a Winter Bird Festival and celebrate that birds really are amazing.  They are still here.... and I think they could teach us all lessons in survival.