Re: Fw: "a model of superb documentation"

I just read Kris Purdy's note on observation and the story of the Vesper Sparrow we saw on the recent CBC on Antelope Island.  Her story made me remember how many times, I did exactly what she described with my field guide, as  a beginning birder.

What's more, Kris has an eloquent prose when describing observations in her bird net postings after field trips.  I remember one in particular when she described a Barn Owl that she had seen framed in a window of an abandoned out building in White's Valley.  It so happened that I had been through that same area, earlier that same day.  I had seen the Barn Owl too.  Yet, I did not note any of the other details of those surroundings, nor beauty of the area that Kris described so well when posting her observation.  I remember thinking at the time, I need to go back out there and see the "rest of the picture."

Regards,

Bill Fenimore
(801) 525-8400 Store
(801) 699-9330 Cellular