thank you

Of all the emails I've received during the short period of time I've been birding, none have been as helpful as the last 5 or 6 concerning taking detailed field notes, etc.  I enjoy hearing about what birds have been seen where, but the advice you all are giving about real life birding "how-to" are invaluable.  I'm printing many of them off.  Honestly, I've been seaching the web for birding tips and info, but these posts, of late, have been worth more than 90% of what I've read on the web.  Thank you for sharing the insights.

Not that this'll be new info, but since reading about the importance of taking detailed field notes, I've been taking a small hand-held audio recorder with me so I can quietly note the details as I see them, never really having to look away from the bird.

Again, thanks for the great info.
Brian