House Finches

Hi All

I don't know where they've been but they showed up yesterday. Last week
I asked if anyone noticed a decline in house finches this year, most of
the responses I received stated they saw no decline. I have continued to
watch my feeders (when I'm home) and saw only the occasional house finch
then finally yesterday morning there were between 20 and 30 house
finches and they were there all day. So it seems like they are back.

This is late but last Sunday I went to SL Cemetery to look for the red
crossbills and found them in a fairly large flock along with red
breasted nuthatches and several brown creepers. When I pished for them
they all went nuts, they became very agitated it felt like the
nuthatches were going to land right on my head. If you haven't gone to
check out the cemetery you aught to it was really great, lots of birds
both mountain and black capped chickadees and three types of juncos as
well, the crossbills were a new life bird for me. Thanks to those who
have posted their sightings.

Happy birding
Steve