Townsend's Solitaire

What a fantastic blue sky we had today. I felt as if I had blue filters on my eyes. I was finally able to get a photo of a Solitaire which includes the tail, although it's not a close-up. We found him at the Salt Lake City Cemetery this morning. What an inquisitive, bright-eyed little guy. Every time he was close enough to get a really good photo (usually on a head stone) he hid his tail.  He kept flying from tree to tree and seemed to prefer the very top. We could not find the Cross-bills that Pomera reported(although we saw a flock of likely suspects flying away from us by a "port-a potty") ... darn it. Scrub-jays, Red-breasted Nuthatches and Juncos were there in abundance.

Here's the two photos that I put up on my web page of the Townsend's Solitaire, if you care to take a look at the little darlin'.

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Enicky-davis/h_sltrtnsnd.html

Nicky Davis
nicky-davis@earthlink.net