Sunday birding

We birded the Antelope Island Causeway this afternoon.  The female
Long-tailed Duck was on the north side of the second bridge.  At about
mile marker 1.4, we found a basic-plumaged Dunlin, in company with 10 or
so Sanderlings.  They were more than 100 yards north of the causeway, on
the edge of the mudflats, so a spotting scope is needed.
Earlier, at the west end of Echo Reservoir, we saw an adult Northern
Shrike.
I'm also happy to report that we finally saw our nemesis bird for our big
year -- Ruffed Grouse.  We watched three of them this morning at George
Washington Park (east end of Mt. Dell Golf Course in Parleys Canyon).

Joel and Kathy Beyer