Yellowlegs

We went to East Bay (off the University Exit) in Provo Sunday afternoon and
saw a YELLOWLEGS in the little wetlands in the corner as the road turns and
heads south. This may be the same place that KC is talking about seeing the
yellowlegs in his UCbirdnet posting (he said Bicentennial Park). We had no
scope and the afternoon sun was glaring.  The only thing we could tell for
sure was that it kept bobbing its head backwards every few seconds like it
was belching. Sibley's states this is characteristic of the Yellowlegs when
alarmed. It appeared to have a black bill and a white belly and we were too
far away to see the color of the legs.  It also had bad posture or maybe it
was just tired. If someone has a better idea on the ID, I'm open to
suggestion. A few feet away from it was a little SPOTTED SANDPIPER (no
doubt on that ID with all the bob-bob-bobbing and the much smaller size).
If you want to find geese, East Bay's the place?they're lining the east
side of the golf course.

If you follow that same road at East Bay south along the railroad tracks,
past the trailer court down to the open fields, we saw a Kestrel on a power
line and a few feet away on a power pole was a Prairie Falcon finishing
dinner (I hope it wasn't the Kestrel's mate).  Nice to see them together
and get size comparisons. Also saw White-crowned Sparrows and Red-wings.

Other sightings:

 Orem Cemetery just off 8th North:
     Scrub Jays
     Spotted Towhees
 Provo Canyon:
     American Dipper
     Common Mergansers (2 male near Vivian Pk)
 South Fork off Provo Canyon:
     Steller's Jay
     Townsend's Solitaire
     Brown Creeper
     Chickadees (BC)
     Wild Turkeys (flock of about 20)
 Deer Creek Reservoir at the dam:
     Barrow's Goldeneye female with some 1st year goldeneye
 Provo Marina:
     Pied-billed Grebe (in the river)
     Red-tailed Hawk
 Mountain Springs (Springville)