House Finches

I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed a sharp decline in the
numbers of House Finches this winter. Every year I have thousands of
birds visit my backyard feeders the most abundant have always been House
Sparrows and House Finches and Juncos in that order. I have only seen
three House Finches in the last 2 weeks and none this weekend. I know
last year there was an e-mail that went out about a virus that was
affecting the House Finches, I hadn't really noticed a decline until the
last month or so.

I have had some good visitors though I had a single Gold Crowned
Kinglet the other day I get a lot of Ruby Crowned Kinglets but this Gold
Crowned was a first for my yard and a first for me.

Happy Birding
Steve